Current Race Miles


Current Race Miles = 65.8














Sunday, February 20, 2011

10th Annual Lost Dutchman



Brigette and I ran the 8K which was supposed to be a trail run along the foothills of the Superstition Mountains but after the rains they changed it to a road run, same course as the 10K route. All the rain held off, it wasn't too cool, sunny at times and very well organized with parking, shuttles and bag drop. I struggled until after 2 miles then felt steady and began to falter after 4 miles. I tried to keep running, walking only to drink water but felt completely depleted by close to the finish. We were running on some hilly roads but I couldn't help but wonder what is going on with me? I finished in 57:04, slower than my last 8K but 7th out of 19 in my age group. Brigette finished in 39:51, 3rd in her age group and 11th in all women and 57 out of 492 runners in the 8K. We enjoyed lots of snacks then headed back to the hotel for a trip to the hot tub. By then it was pouring so we opted for a pita place for lunch.Great run, even better company.

1 comment:

  1. The race pictures say it all! Heheh! I get my grimace from my mom. :o)

    ReplyDelete