
Ok, so first a little on how I got started running. I'm not a runner, not particularly athletic or should I say, active. But a few years ago my daughter signed us up for a "Learn to Run" class. Yep, they have classes for everything. She was about 4-5 weeks postpartum so I thought it would be just sad if she could do it and I couldn't. Not to mention I was the oldest in the class and nothing motivates me like trying not to be pegged as middle-aged and slow. I did my homework (ran daily) so I wouldn't be the slowest in class. And after 6 weeks I could actually run a mile. I even signed up for the second class, "Ready to Run a 5K."
I ran my first 5K (with another daughter,Kate, running every step of the way alongside) in January 2007, downtown Phoenix, and was hooked.
I ran my first 5K (with another daughter,Kate, running every step of the way alongside) in January 2007, downtown Phoenix, and was hooked.
No comments:
Post a Comment