................Charting the progress of my "500" in 2010, and "57" in 2011, one mile at a time.
Current Race Miles
Current Race Miles = 65.8
Friday, January 15, 2010
When will I like it?
I ran off and on that year and struggled to get any faster or go any further. I dreaded running but was determined. I got fitted properly for running shoes and never wanted to take them off. But I still had to force myself to run. I finally asked my brother-in-law who's been running for 30 years and has several marathons under his belt, "When will I start to like it?" He replied, "Oh I hate it. I just like what it does for me." and it was like I had permission to just run and not worry about being a big fan. Because I did like how I felt afterward and it always felt good to stop running.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment