................Charting the progress of my "500" in 2010, and "57" in 2011, one mile at a time.
Current Race Miles
Current Race Miles = 65.8
Sunday, January 9, 2011
7th Annual "Run to Remember"
Brigette and I did the 5K for fallen police officers in Chandler. Cool temps at 8:30am but sunny and nice level surfaces around and over the canal and back to Tumbleweek Park. Yesterday I blamed the cold for my good time, today I wanted to blame it for my slowness. My legs felt like concrete for the first part but I always feel lousy for a mile or so. Brigette finished with a phenomenal 24 min something (under an 8 min mile pace) and I was about my usual but only 4 women in my age category. I got a awarded a very cool 2nd place medal "honoring fallen officers".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment