................Charting the progress of my "500" in 2010, and "57" in 2011, one mile at a time.
Current Race Miles
Current Race Miles = 65.8
Saturday, January 8, 2011
First race of the year
I ran my second ever 10K in the "2nd Annual Run, Walk, and Roll 10K" which benefits Arizona Disabled Sports. Wheelchair races went off earlier and it was cool and sunny at Tempe Town Lake. Brigette and her boys joined me to cheer me on. At the halfway mark I was at my usual pace and was just under 46 min at 4 miles and around 57 for 5 miles. At my 10K last year, I lost steam after mile 5 so I knew I just had to stay steady. I walked a little at each of the 3 water breaks but after 6 miles I felt pretty good. I finished at 1:11:44 which is 5 minutes faster than my first 10K. A new PR and didn't feel too exhausted. I was 7 out of 13 in my age group which this time included all 50-59 yr olds. (you know how I feel about those young 50-year old whippersnappers!) Hayden did the kids 1/2 Mile Fun Run and got 2nd place for the boys. (He takes after his grandma.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment