"You're going down, Grandma!" is what my son-in-law (affectionately) told me at the start of our 5K Fun Run to benefit my grandson's school. Hayden's parents ran it with dad pushing Killian and my job was to run alongside Hayden. Different strategy from my usual races and a lot of fun. We'd run to a predetermined spot and then speed walk until he was ready to run again. He wanted to know how long it would take as he'd only run one mile prior to this. I thought maybe 40 - 50 minutes and told him that, like 12 and a half times around the track. Then wanted to know how long we'd been running already. "3 minutes." He did awesome though, never giving up and sometimes running for longer periods than he'd planned. We passed 2 miles at about 1/2 hour and by the time we got to the 3 mile marker his mom was there to cheer us on to the finish.
Hayden got first place for the 12 and under group! I think he'll be running again.
(I'm at almost 80 miles.)
No comments:
Post a Comment