................Charting the progress of my "500" in 2010, and "57" in 2011, one mile at a time.
Current Race Miles
Current Race Miles = 65.8
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Those little voices
I swear the hardest part of running is mental. I have trouble getting motivated and trouble starting out. My reluctant heart does not like to be pushed and sometimes my mind tries to suggest "dire health consequences" if I exert myself. Ignoring this, the little voices start in with "what about your knee? That knee is not good and it's starting to really ache" (I have a bad knee and my alternate blog title was "Run Missing Meniscus Run" but it felt too cumbersome) If this isn't enough, then I get "maybe your hips aren't just sore, they could actually be deteriorating, afterall you're losing bone mass." I just think that maybe older runners have it tougher because all of these things make a lot of sense. But then I get a good Rolling Stones or Billy Joel song and just drown them out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment